Unlike the traditional ones, this center that is located in the district of La Matanza, province of Buenos Aires, stands out for its ability to gather 14 million goods simultaneously. From SMEs to a recognized brandeveryone can save their products in the warehouses Y cut times waiting for the user.
Sutton claimed that the IT team occupies a fundamental role in the operating system: “The internal proposal improves thanks to the systemic part. We have many technological efficiencies that allow processing more than 14,000 packages per hour and recognize destinations, thanks to an LED that scans”. In addition, he explained that of 9,000 employees, half are from technology. “They create everything behind: how we store, how we pick, how we distribute, how to create the best route to trucks, all of that with our own developers,” he concluded.
What is the MELI storage and distribution center like?
It is based on two central points, which are presented as a hybrid component.
The first case deals with the storage of those who sell and use this service. For the second, however, the process is different. In short, what comes in is received, processed and then distributed to where they go.
This is how you take advantage of both delivery methodologies.
If the merchandise is stored in Mercado Libre, they have control of the estimated delivery time. In case it is in the hands of the seller, the algorithm will show the sum between the preparation time and the final logistics.
In any case, deliveries are usually made in less than 48 hours.
about how is the price made upThis fee depends on origin, destination and weight-volumetric.
Step by step: what is behind the scenes of a package
- Receiving boxesonce asked for trader’s turn.
- transfer to paddles and conservation of primary packaging.
- Check in. Each box is opened and the products That they arrived. The count is carried out, the exhaustive control, the SKU (code) that allows the follow-up within the marketamong other.
- Saved in buckets with a “box ID” labelthat determines if it is the final product or not. In case it is not, seller is notified so that the corresponding change is made and can be registered in the system. If you don’t meet the conditionsfor example if it is damaged, you are also notified.
- Once measured and weighed, the scan ends and it is available on the platform.
- Derivation of the cuvettes to the different areasdepending on whether or not they exceed 60 centimeters.
- Pass to the packaging stations. The same bag is placed, so that protect what’s inside. It scans the “completion token” to issue a special shipping label for each person. If the printed numbers match what appears on the screen, the units are placed in the conveyor belts that go to the “sorter”.
- Once they reach the main channel, the sub pipeline. They are grouped according to national destinationsso that the mapping be as logical as possible.
- Y last worker receives it and takes it to the transportationThey usually pick up orders from 00 to 14.
The Mercado Libre network is mixed.
“Whether it’s a moped, a taxi, a chassis or a truck, we receive the product and do the procedure, the recategorization and so on. After they leave the door, a third party also grabs it,” says Karen Bruck, vice president of eCommerce of the company of Marcos Galperin.
Bruck reported that “distribution is outsourced mainly to the postal serviceswho already have a predetermined scheme”.